Trying to grow a brand on Tiktok can seem to be quite challenging especially since the platform is more entertainment oriented that informational. This article will offer some ideas that you can start using to help you steer your brand on a growth path through Tiktok.
Let’s begin by looking at real world brand growth strategies from some marketing experts and how they can be applied.
10 Real world brand growth strategies
We can start by looking at ten brand growth strategies from recognized marketing experts that can be adapted for use in growing your brand on TikTok:
- “Go where your customers are.” This advice, from marketing expert Jay Baer, emphasizes the importance of meeting customers on their preferred platforms. For brands, this means building a presence on TikTok, where a younger, highly engaged audience can be found.
- “Create value, not just content.” Marketing guru Gary Vaynerchuk emphasizes the importance of creating content that adds value to customers’ lives, rather than just promoting products. This strategy can be adapted to TikTok by creating entertaining or informative videos that showcase a brand’s values and personality.
- “Collaborate with other creators.” Influencer marketing expert Neal Schaffer recommends partnering with other TikTok creators to reach new audiences and build credibility. This could involve collaborating on videos or sponsoring influencer content.
- “Humanize your brand.” Marketing strategist Ann Handley advises brands to connect with customers on a personal level by sharing stories and creating an authentic brand persona. TikTok’s emphasis on humor and authenticity makes it an ideal platform for this strategy.
- “Engage with your audience.” Social media expert Brian Solis emphasizes the importance of two-way communication with customers. On TikTok, this could involve responding to comments, creating interactive videos, or participating in challenges.
- “Be consistent.” Marketing consultant Noah Kagan stresses the importance of consistency in building a brand. On TikTok, this means posting regularly and maintaining a consistent brand voice and visual style.
- “Use humor and creativity.” Marketing expert David Meerman Scott recommends using humor and creativity to stand out in crowded markets. On TikTok, brands can leverage trends and create entertaining videos that showcase their personality.
- “Tap into emotions.” Storytelling expert Donald Miller advises brands to tap into customers’ emotions by creating videos that evoke positive feelings. On TikTok, this could involve creating videos that showcase the joy, excitement, or humor associated with a brand.
- “Focus on quality over quantity.” Digital marketing expert Neil Patel stresses the importance of creating high-quality content that resonates with customers, rather than simply producing a high volume of content. On TikTok, this could involve creating polished, professional-looking videos that showcase a brand’s creativity and personality.
- “Stay agile.” Finally, marketing expert Mark Schaefer advises brands to remain flexible and adaptable in their marketing strategies. On TikTok, this could mean experimenting with new formats, partnering with new creators, or leveraging emerging trends to stay relevant and engaged with customers.
Developing a good Tiktok Content Strategy
Here are some steps that a brand can use to develop content for their tiktok account.
Define your brand message and values: Before creating content for TikTok, it’s important to have a clear understanding of your brand message, values, and goals. This will help ensure that your content is aligned with your overall brand strategy.
Research your target audience: Understand who your target audience is and what type of content they are interested in. This will help you create content that resonates with your audience and encourages engagement.
Plan your content strategy: Develop a content plan that outlines the types of content you want to create and when you will post it. Consider different formats such as challenges, tutorials, or behind-the-scenes glimpses, and think about how you can align your content with relevant trends or topics.
Planning your content strategy is a crucial step in developing a successful TikTok presence. Here are some further details on how to plan your content strategy:
1.Identify your goals
Start by defining what you want to achieve with your TikTok content. Are you looking to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to your website, or boost sales? Once you have a clear goal in mind, you can begin to develop a content plan that will help you achieve it.
2. Understand your audience
As I mentioned earlier, it’s important to understand your target audience and what types of content they are interested in. Spend time researching your audience to understand their demographics, interests, and behaviors. This will help you create content that resonates with them and encourages engagement.
3. Develop a content calendar
A content calendar is a schedule of the types of content you plan to post and when you plan to post them. This helps ensure that you are posting consistently and that your content is aligned with your overall strategy. Consider posting a mix of different types of content, such as educational videos, behind-the-scenes glimpses, and fun challenges.
4. Stay on top of trends
TikTok is a platform that is constantly evolving, with new trends and challenges popping up all the time. Stay on top of these trends by monitoring popular hashtags and following other popular TikTok accounts in your niche. Consider how you can incorporate these trends into your content in a way that is aligned with your brand message.
5. Experiment with different formats
TikTok offers a variety of different video formats, from short-form clips to longer videos. Experiment with different formats to see what works best for your brand and your audience. Don’t be afraid to try new things and be creative!
6. Keep an eye on your analytics
Use TikTok’s built-in analytics tools to track your performance and see which types of content are resonating with your audience. Use this data to refine your content strategy over time and optimize your performance.
4. Use high-quality equipment: Use a mid-level or higher-end smartphone camera, a tripod, and good lighting to ensure that your videos are of high quality. You can also use a video editing app to add effects, filters, or music to your videos.
5. Be creative and authentic: TikTok is a platform that rewards creativity and authenticity, so be sure to showcase your brand’s unique personality and style. Experiment with different formats and styles, and have fun with your content.
6. Engage with your audience: Respond to comments, create content that encourages engagement, and build a community of followers who are passionate about your brand.
7. Analyze your results: Use TikTok’s built-in analytics tools to track your performance and see which types of content are resonating with your audience. Use this data to refine your content strategy and optimize your performance over time.
Make Use of Tiktok User generated content (UGC)
User-generated content (UGC) is a powerful tool for brands to increase their reach, engagement, and overall visibility on TikTok. Here are some ways a brand can make use of UGC to grow:
1. Create branded hashtags: Encourage your followers to create content using a branded hashtag that is unique to your brand. This can help you find and share UGC that aligns with your brand message.
2. Run a UGC contest: Encourage your followers to create and share videos that align with your brand message or theme. Reward the best submissions with prizes, exposure, or other incentives.
3. Repurpose UGC: Once you’ve identified high-quality UGC, consider reposting it on your own channel. This can help you showcase your fans and followers, and can also help build social proof and trust with your audience.
4. Collaborate with influencers: Partner with TikTok influencers who align with your brand values and goals. Encourage them to create UGC that highlights your brand, and repost their content on your own channel.
5. Leverage TikTok features: TikTok has a range of features that allow users to create and share UGC, such as duets, challenges, and reactions. Encourage your followers to use these features to create UGC that aligns with your brand.
6. Showcase behind-the-scenes content: Encourage your followers to share behind-the-scenes glimpses of your brand or products. This can help you showcase your brand personality and humanize your brand.
7. Highlight customer testimonials: Encourage your followers to share videos of themselves using your product or service and sharing their experience with it. This can help you build social proof and encourage others to try your brand.
8. Create a community challenge: Encourage your followers to participate in a challenge that is aligned with your brand message or values. This can help you build a sense of community and engagement around your brand.
9. Ask for feedback: Encourage your followers to share feedback or suggestions for your brand or products. This can help you improve your offerings and build customer loyalty.
10. Show gratitude: When someone shares UGC related to your brand, be sure to show your appreciation by commenting, reposting, or engaging with their content. This can help you build positive relationships with your followers and encourage more UGC in the future.
Overall, the key to using UGC on TikTok is to encourage your followers to create and share content that aligns with your brand values and message. By building a community of engaged and passionate followers, you can increase your reach and visibility on the platform and build lasting relationships with your audience.
How brands can identify the right influencers on tiktok
Here are some steps that a brand can use to identify the right influencers to work with on TikTok:
- Define your campaign goals: Before you start searching for influencers, it’s important to define your campaign goals and what you want to achieve. This will help you identify the type of influencer you need to work with.
- Research and identify potential influencers: Start by researching and identifying potential influencers who align with your brand’s values, target audience, and campaign goals. Look for influencers who have a large following and high engagement rates.
- Evaluate the influencer’s content: Review the influencer’s content to ensure it aligns with your brand’s values and image. Look for influencers who create high-quality content that resonates with your target audience.
- Check the influencer’s engagement rates: Engagement rates are an important metric to consider when selecting influencers. Look for influencers who have high engagement rates and a loyal following.
- Consider the influencer’s audience demographics: Make sure the influencer’s audience demographics align with your target audience. Look for influencers whose followers are within your brand’s target age range, location, and interests.
- Reach out and negotiate terms: Once you’ve identified potential influencers, reach out to them and negotiate terms. Make sure to discuss the scope of work, compensation, and any guidelines or requirements you have for the campaign.
By following these steps, brands can identify and work with influencers on TikTok who align with their brand values, target audience, and campaign goals.
Metrics to measure effectiveness of Tiktok campaigns
Brands can measure the success of their campaigns on TikTok by tracking and analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs). Here are some KPIs that brands can use to gauge the effectiveness of their campaigns:
- Follower count: This is a basic metric that measures the number of followers a brand has on TikTok. A higher follower count generally indicates that a brand’s content is resonating with its target audience.
- Engagement rate: This metric measures how much engagement a brand’s content is generating, such as likes, comments, shares, and views. A high engagement rate indicates that a brand’s content is highly relevant and interesting to its audience.
- Video views: This metric measures the number of views a brand’s videos are receiving on TikTok. It can be a useful metric for gauging the overall reach of a brand’s content.
- Hashtag performance: Brands can use TikTok’s analytics tools to track the performance of their branded hashtags, which can be a useful way to measure the effectiveness of a campaign or promotion.
- Conversion rate: If a brand is using TikTok to drive traffic to its website or promote a product or service, it can track conversion rates to see how many TikTok users are taking the desired action.
- Brand mentions: Brands can also monitor social media to see how often they are mentioned on TikTok and what users are saying about them. This can provide valuable insights into overall brand sentiment and help identify areas for improvement.
- Influencer partnerships: If a brand is working with TikTok influencers to promote its products or services, it can track metrics such as engagement rate and conversion rate specifically for those influencers.
- Audience demographics: Brands can use TikTok’s analytics tools to track the demographics of their audience, such as age, gender, and location. This can help them better understand their audience and create more targeted content.
- Trend analysis: Brands can monitor trending topics and hashtags on TikTok to identify opportunities to create content that aligns with popular trends and appeals to a wider audience.
- Video completion rate: This metric measures the percentage of viewers who watch a brand’s video all the way through. A high completion rate indicates that a brand’s content is engaging and holds viewers’ attention.
- 11. Click-through rate: Brands can track how many viewers click on a link or call to action in their TikTok videos, which can help them understand how effective their content is at driving traffic or conversions.
By tracking these KPIs, brands can measure the success of their campaigns on TikTok and make data-driven decisions about their content strategy. They can use analytics tools provided by TikTok or third-party tools to track and analyze these metrics. You can also check out this article on How to find a niche for your tiktok videos
More about marketing here.